Empower families and communities.
We believe all families deserve freedom, fun, love and connection, regardless of their past, present or future circumstances. All families are valued and welcome at YogaFamily.
We believe parents deserve to be honored for their choices and empowered to grow and find balance wherever they are at in their journey.
We believe that children are simply younger versions of adults, thus deserving of the same respect we give to each other. Young people and teens have value, and their opinions, thoughts and perspectives are valued by owners, staff and instructors at YogaFamily.
We believe that yoga is for every body, including every age, gender, color, shape and size. We realize that not every body is reflected in modern western yoga practice, which is merged into the fitness industry. All bodies are welcome and respected at YogaFamily. Yoga is an ancient discipline and practice that offers mindfulness, relaxation and connection to what we really care about, and any size or shape body can practice yoga.
We believe that people are the gender they identify for themselves. In line with this, owners, staff and instructors use the pronoun of a person’s choice and create a welcome environment.
We believe yoga is a tool that fits every religion and culture, or no religion. All persons will be welcome no matter their religion, culture, ethnicity or any personal belief system.
Values & Promises
- Integrity - Honesty, honoring our word, and consideration of others besides ourselves
- Ownership - Owning our mistakes, to create an environment of authenticity and safety
- Community - We work together to solve problems , create and enact new ideas, and take advantage of opportunities. We grow and experience life together. We are responsible to the community around us. If we aren't here to make a difference, we don't deserve to be here
- Extraordinary Customer Service - People experience being seen and acknowledged in our space, and we are willing to hold space for uncomfortable conversations and questions
- Persistence - The drive to keep moving forward, engage in ongoing learning, and continue to create a better studio, a better community, and a better world
- Technology - we use it, it doesn't use us. We adopt new technologies and use them to empower our goals and mission
- Stability - Consistency in the face of changes and an imbalanced world